Sunday, December 7, 2008

54321 #5 (C.S.W.S)

5comments
* The 1st part I read was like this book I read before when this kid was a drug dealer but at heart he wanted to be in the music business and before he could make his decision he got locked up.
* I knew that some rap music was dirty but I didn’t know the main theme was “filthy, dirty-down X-rated rhymes” (Dr. Dre) I thought it was the beat.
* I never knew Dr. Dre and Ice Cube made songs together.
* 2 of Dr. Dre songs were “my posse” and “ill-legal”.
* Most music comes out 1st in the south.
4questions
* What was O’Shea Jackson 1st song?
* When did O’Shea Jackson make his 1st song?
* Since O’Shea was 23 how old was Dr, Dre when they met?
* What does UTFO mean?
3vocabulary
* Diminutive- a small thing or person
* Indemnified- to compensate for damage or loss sustained, expense incurred
* Stipend- a periodic payment, esp. a scholarship or fellowship allowance granted to a student
2literay terms
* Imagery- I could picture the gang of rappers sitting together trying to make raps.
* Metaphor- Jackson said they would become an all-star group.
1overview statement
* it was talking about Dr. Dre and other rappers working together so they could make it higher and make more songs.

No comments: